cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_K
Explorer

Checkpoint 84.00 VPN Log on icon

Afternoon,

I have a user that has reported since we upgraded our Checkpoint VPN to E84.00 he appears to have lost the VPN icon on his laptop log on screen.

The way he usually connects is; power on laptop, windows boots to log on screen, he clicks on VPN icon, then logs in, then logs onto his laptop and continues into Windows.

He is now saying that the padlock is no longer on his laptop log on screen.

Does anyone know if this has been removed?

David Kernaghan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Do you have VPN client application both in Applications menu and under System/Uninstall?

0 Kudos
david_K
Explorer

Yes, it is there in both places.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Does it work if you start it as a regular application?

0 Kudos
david_K
Explorer

Yes, it does. Click on it from the program menu, then you will get a padlock icon.

Thanks

David 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Someone was poking around then. User most probably removed the icon by mistake. You can continue running like that, or even add a shortcut to the desktop for the user, or re-install. 

Also, check VPN service and other client related services to make sure they are started with system.

0 Kudos
david_K
Explorer

Thanks, but that is not what I was asking.

The user says that there should be a VPN icon on the Windows log on screen, where he enters his credentials to log onto the laptop, and now there isn't.

As stated in the question, the way he usually connects is; power on laptop, windows boots to log on screen, he clicks on VPN icon, then logs in, then logs onto his laptop and continues into Windows.  The VPN icon is now not there and I was wondering if it had been removed on purpose.

Thanks

David Kernaghan

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events