Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miroslav0994
Participant
Jump to solution

CheckPoint Endpoint Client freezes and crashes when trying to connect to a site

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to connect to a site, which happens only on my company notebook, but not on the private laptop. The client freezes for a couple of seconds and then shuts down when clicking on Connect or Connect to...

2022-01-25 21_08_15-Settings.png

Sometimes the window for selecting site and certificate does appear (TrGUI.exe), but it only stays there for 5 seconds, then it closes automatically. Additionally, in these 5 seconds I observed that the list for selecting the certificate is empty, which can't be because I installed the corresponding certificate on my notebook and this certificate is also stored on the token I'm using to connect to the VPN.  

2022-01-25 21_10_13-Settings.png

CheckPoint version that I'm using: 84.30

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software many times, deleted almost everything from the registries that contained the key "CheckPoint" and restarted my notebook every time when I did this, but the problem still persists. I also tried with older or newer versions, still no success.

Could you help me please with this? I'm currently using my personal notebook for connecting to VPN, which is obviously not a viable solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DenisMolodtsov
Participant

I worked with the IT of my Client who gave me the MSI installer. We were able to somehow make it work. Not sure exactly what did in the end. But overall, it's nice if VPN does not simply crash like that. Regardless of the version. 🙂

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which version of Windows is used and is this an x86 machine or ARM?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
miroslav0994
Participant

Windows 10 Enterprise

System Type: x64-based processor

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

E86.20 is newest version and I had not seen any issues with it yet. I would certainly recommend it.

miroslav0994
Participant

I've installed the version you mentioned right now, but the problem persists. 

Could this problem be related to my notebook's firewall policy? 

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Do have Kaspersky or other Endpoint security products installed on this system?

You may have to work with your support team and engage CP TAC to diagnose the cause further.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
miroslav0994
Participant

Can I get TAC assistance even if I'm not your customer? We are working on a project for one of our customers and received the checkpoint software and the VPN tokens from them in order to connect to their systems remotely.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Ask your customer who send you the software to open a support case with TAC for you. You need a support account and corresponding contracts to do so.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with @Chris_Atkinson ...this would need further investigation. If you have another endpoint product installed, it could be conflicting, so TAC assistance in diagnosing this more is not a bad idea.

DenisMolodtsov
Participant

Hi, just want to share that I am also facing a similar issue: the connection window is simply closing after a few seconds.

Endpoint Issue2.gif

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Is it same issue regardless of the client version? Have you tried newest E87.20?

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with @Chris_Atkinson , probably best to engage TAC if say neither recommended OR latest version work for you.

Andy

0 Kudos
DenisMolodtsov
Participant

I worked with the IT of my Client who gave me the MSI installer. We were able to somehow make it work. Not sure exactly what did in the end. But overall, it's nice if VPN does not simply crash like that. Regardless of the version. 🙂

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Normally it would never crash like that. I installed it, I would say, not to exaggerate now, at least 100 times with no issues. Weird things happen sometimes...

0 Kudos
DenisMolodtsov
Participant

I'm sure I must have done something wrong during the setup. But the problem was I had no idea what the issue was. Maybe some kind of a log file or an error message would be nice for troubleshooting purposes. The Client's IT was trying to help me, but hey also had no idea why it was happening. Spent a few hours trying to fix it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Understood...logs are probably best thing that would help determine the cause.

Andy

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If the issue persists with the recommended release (E86.80) or newer please contact TAC to investigate further.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events