Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan
Collaborator

Change default ldap email field for DynamicID

Hi,

R80.20 latest JHF.

We're using DynamicID with a SMS provider and want to also add an email as some sort of backup to the SMS provider.

Is there any way of changing the default ldap field in AD for the email value for the DynamicID purpose only?

We've already changed the default phone number from 'mobile' to 'otherMobile', but I can't find in GuiDBedit anything about changing email field.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartinTzvetanov
Advisor

Hello Jonathan,

I did something very similar with a customer. The customer created something like alias for their remote users and in this alias properties they attached the user's real mobile number and e-mail. The alias is attached in the user's profile in CP. This way CP takes the mail from the user's profile (which is the alias) and send the code to it, then the exchange sends the code to the user's real mail and phone number. In the end the user receives the code via mail and sms.

0 Kudos
Jonathan
Collaborator

Hi Martin,

If I understand correctly, the customer created a user object inside CP for every AD user that needed to connect remotely?

0 Kudos
MartinTzvetanov
Advisor

yes, a lot of manual work 🙂 

0 Kudos
henry_shih
Explorer

Who is your SMS provider (for sure it works in DynamicID)? We are selecting our SMS provider now and try to use DynamicID for 2FA.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events