cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prabulingam_N1
Advisor

2Factor Auth to get in Email AND SMS

Dear CheckMates,

I have customer requirement that in MobileAccess - configured 2Factor and they want to get verification code to be sent thru Email and SMS.(both)

But could not achieve - Not sure if we can get 2FA OTP thru email as well as SMS.

1) For Local Users - had entry of Email and Phone number - Setup is R80.10 Standalone 

2) Configured Only SMS settings - Works and got code delivered thru SMS and can login.

3) Configured Only Email settings - Works and got code delivered thru Email and can login.

4) Configured both SMS & Email - Only got thru SMS and not in Email.

As per R80.10 MobileAccess Blade Admin guide - Page# 146 & Page#150-5.c it says below:

"The OTP is sent to their mobile communications device (such as a mobile phone) via SMS or directly to their email account"But not sure it is SMS AND EMAIL

Also once Multiple Login is configured I can see 2 checkbox options for "Send SMS" and "Send Mail" - Still no luck.

SMS takes preference and hence Email is not working.

Is it possible to get OTP via SMS as well as mail?

Regards, Prabulingam.N

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This is worthy of a TAC case either because:

• It's not sending the code to both locations
  • It's only supposed to send a code one place or the other by design but the UI allows configuring both

How To Open a Case with TAC and/or Account Services

Prabulingam_N1
Advisor

Yes, opened TAC case and its limitations that either 1 at a time will work and not BOTH.

Hope we may expect in R80.30 at-least for this enhancement of SMS & Email together for MFA.

Regards, Prabu

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Given that R80.30 is pretty close to GA, if it's not already fixed, it probably won't be included.

You are, of course, welcome to try the Public EA and see.

0 Kudos
Bhavik_Joshi
Explorer

Pradhu,

Can I get the configuration steps you follow for email 2fa authentication.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events