Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptuttle_2
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline with SMB (Embedded Gaia)

Hello;

Quick comment on using Skyline with SMBs.  We see that R81.10.08 Build 996001608 has Skyline, monitoring agent (as EA)

We tested this with a 1595r and works fine however with the same build for the 1570r, it does nothing.  It does not even try to talk to the server.  looking at logs and tcpdumps, there is no traffic going toward the Skyline server.  I know it says EA but just wanted to put this out there.

If someone has any in-sight that might know when this might be ready on the 1570r?  that would be great to have this information.

Thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
limort
Employee
Employee

R81.10.08 Build 996001608 should allow evaluating Skyline with 1570R. Note that the Spark Skyline implementation depends on internet connectivity for downloading the relevant binaries to the GW when the feature is enabled so if the 1570R is not able to reach CP servers it might explain why it did not work for you. If the binaries were successfully downloaded you should see a folder called OpenTelemetry in /storage.

View solution in original post

limort
Employee
Employee

The directory is not a part of the image - as I wrote the gateway download files from CP cloud when the feature is enabled and only then the folder is created. Did you verify the 1570R has internet access?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I presume it will be available for everything once the feature is not EA for Quantum Spark. 

0 Kudos
limort
Employee
Employee

R81.10.08 Build 996001608 should allow evaluating Skyline with 1570R. Note that the Spark Skyline implementation depends on internet connectivity for downloading the relevant binaries to the GW when the feature is enabled so if the 1570R is not able to reach CP servers it might explain why it did not work for you. If the binaries were successfully downloaded you should see a folder called OpenTelemetry in /storage.

ptuttle_2
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I did a compare of the 1595r and 1570r and those directories and files are not there for the 1570r. Are these being included a future release for the 1570r?

-pat

0 Kudos
limort
Employee
Employee

The directory is not a part of the image - as I wrote the gateway download files from CP cloud when the feature is enabled and only then the folder is created. Did you verify the 1570R has internet access?

0 Kudos
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.  I re-traced my steps and discovered the 1595r is on my lab segment that has internet access. The 1570r is not.  I was thinking it was part of the image.  Would have been nice if it was because all 80+ 1570rs we have in the field are air gapped meaning no internet access allowed.

Can I just copy all the files in "Storage/OpenTelemetry"   ?

-pat

0 Kudos
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Thanks for the info and pointing me in the correct direction.  I was able to put a 1570r into our lab with internet access, let it download the files, then I copied the "OpenTelemetry" directories and files off, and manually put them into a 1570r in the substation.  This worked !!  

It still would be nice if this was part of the image.  We do not know if the next image upgrade will overwrite these files?

-pat

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events