cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Skyline and SMB R81.10.10

Hello;

We are testing Skyline with the SMB 1570r and 1595r.  Is the latest code R81.10.10 still EA for skyline? 

Prior to R81.10.10 we would seem to get memory leaks resulting in the need to reboot the 1570's. The 1595's seem ok in this regard.

With R81.10.10 on the 1570r no more memory leak but the memory display in Smart Dashboard is allot different than what shows up in the Grafana Dashboard.  Grafana Dashboard is much higher reading. Our Gaia based Gateways read exactly the same RAM readings in both.

We are also in an air gap system because we are a utility no internet access, so in order to get these files placed into the storage directory, it's a manual process with a spare 1570 or 1595 in a lab with internet access.  Very painful. 

Are there any plans to make these files part of the firmware?

Thanks for any info that you can share.

-pat

0 Kudos
2 Replies
limort
Employee
Employee

Yes, in R81.10.10 Skyline is still considered EA but indeed we found and fixed memory leaks in the I/S used by Skyline.

We currently have no plans to provide out of the box support for offline environments - I assume it will only be considered if we see RFEs requesting it.

As for differences from SMC in RAM readings - the timing of the readings is obviously different.. do you see consistent differences? even when the appliance is idle over time?

0 Kudos
ptuttle_2
Contributor

Thanks very much for getting back to me on this.

Regarding the differences in RAM, yes, its consistently much higher in the Grafana Dashboard. 

Typically, in Smart Dashboard on the SMB 1570r it stays around 40% and in Grafana Dashboard its 55%  Although the Gaia Gateways are listing identical readings.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events