Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee
Jump to solution

Skyline - a new monitoring solution for Check Point devices - on EA now

Hi,

I am excited to announce the availability of Skyline - Check Point’s new solution for real-time monitoring of the Quantum Family devices.

Skyline uses modern technologies (based on OpenTelemetry) to report telemetry data from Check Point devices, and is designed to fit your existing monitoring environments - or you can create a simple new monitoring server using Prometheus and Grafana.

You can view a short presentation + demo of Skyline in this video.

More details on Skyline and how to set it up can be found in sk178566.

Disclaimer: This Early Availability version reports a basic set of monitoring data, that will be enhanced in the future.

Please contact me for any questions on Skyline.

(1)
64 Replies
sravanan17
Explorer

I would like just to know if this equivalent to Netflow reports where can we see top source, top destination and top conversations, etc., Could you please confirm if this available in this skyline deployment?

Thanks,

Saravana 

0 Kudos
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

Hi @sravanan17 

Unfortunately no. However, the release intended for Q1 2024, will also include the ability to add custom metrics from your side ( You can add your scripts using a command line tool to report your intended metrics as part of the Skyline flow ), so It will open up the possibility for you to add those metrics on the meantime, or use a community based scripts to do it instead. 

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Would it be possible to get SNMP OID output to pass it over custom metrics ? Custom script something like "get every XY minutes the number of permanent VPN tunnels over snmpwalk and report it to skyline".

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Elad_Chomsky
Employee
Employee

There will be some limitations for safety measures. However, the script can be any script as long as it is preserving a constant format output. Interval will be defined as part of adding the script.

sravanan17
Explorer

Hi @Elad_Chomsky ,
Thanks for your confirmation, noted.

Thanks,
Saravana

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events