Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Skyline - How is this value generated/calculated or can be manipulated? sp_security_group_id

Hello,

I am running the most recent versions of OpenTelemetry components available for download at the moment:

CPotelco: T129

CPviewExporter: T40

OtlpAgent: T49

Every checkpoint metric contains the label "sp_security_group_id". My understanding is this should clearly identify a security group and make sure that it this ID is not available a second time in the DataCenter on another 64k / Maestro environment.

However we have 5 Maestro environments and in addition 3 64k environments. All are running R81.10 and the latest Skyline Updates and several of our installations share the same "sp_security_group_id".

Can someone explain me how to reset or change this ID? How is it created? I was hoping this is based on something unique - a MAC address or a chassis serial number or something elese.

PS:
I am running skyline since earlier versions so maybe I have "old" configuration parameters or this ID was generated one time and will not change over installations. So if this is the case how can I change it?

Regards

Alex

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Are you just seeing a numeric value between 1-8 or something else?

If yes this corresponds most likely to the security group id that is unique only within a given system since each can have multiple logical security groups (up to 8). This value is set at creation time.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Hello,

yes, we do NOT have mutiple security groups in a system.

I can see all MHOs have the "sp_security_group_id = 0"

Some Maestros/64k have "sp_security_group_id = 1"

However some 64k/Maestro which had "sp_security_group_id = 5-digist" and "sp_security_group_id = 6 digits" now have id "0".

So the IDs are totally mixed up.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events