Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eth4_
Contributor
Jump to solution

'Environment' did not survive a reboot for a gateway on which I applied a JHF - is this expected?

Recently applied a JHF to the stand by member of a cluster (R81.20).  I was startled I didn't see telemetry coming in after enough time had passed for the reboot so I check the environment drop down and found 'Default' there - along with the missing gateway.  Is there a way to make the setting survive a reboot?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

Have experienced the same issue accross a couple of environments, but it seem random.  Fix is always the same (do the below on the appliances not checking in):

1. Recreate payload-no-tls.json
  2. Run "/opt/CPotelcol/REST.py --set_open_telemetry "$(cat payload-no-tls.json)"

Thanks,
Ruan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Could you please share additional specifics of the JHF used before & after etc?

Possibly this is one of those things more readily worked through with TAC via a remote session...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

Have experienced the same issue accross a couple of environments, but it seem random.  Fix is always the same (do the below on the appliances not checking in):

1. Recreate payload-no-tls.json
  2. Run "/opt/CPotelcol/REST.py --set_open_telemetry "$(cat payload-no-tls.json)"

Thanks,
Ruan

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can confirm 100% what @Ruan_Kotze said is indeed true. I had CP esc. guy send the same via case last year for this issue.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events