Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexander_Wilke
Advisor

Can Skyline Monitor Maestro Fastforward traffic offloaded to the MHO?

Hello,

is it possible to monitor the traffic throughput, drops, port usage for the Maestro Fastforward Feature? This feature offloads traffic to the MHO and uses stateless ACLs instead statefull inspection on the Security Groupt itself.

However this traffic does not seem to affect the Security gateway itself an for that reason probably is not listet in cpview information on the Security Group itself.

Is this traffic monitored by cpview on the MHO and is it possible to get this type of traffic as a skyline metric ?

Imagine the port on the MHO is saturated for that trusted traffic I need to have a chance to monitor that and log that.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_Maestro_AdminGuide/Content/T...

PS:
For lightspeed connections I could at least see in prometheus/grafana that there is a lable:value pair for "Lightspeed Connections" so I expect I can monitor that traffic the same way as "normal" traffic via the Security Group's cpview/skyline.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Makes sense it wouldn't show up when monitoring the gateway since the gateway receives no information about any Fastforwarded session.
Whether it's visible in cpview and tracked in a way that Skyline can process is a separate question.

0 Kudos
(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events