cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Checkmates webpage freezes RDP sessions

Just wondering if this is our corporate Win10 build or something else. I connect to my work laptop using RDP (over VPN) and I have noticed that soon after I start using community website, mostly posting, my RDP session will freeze and the only way to get around it is by restarting RDP. Very weird 🙂 Anyone else seen it? Tried different browsers but result was the same

7 Replies
Nikolai_Borhart
Contributor

Hello,

yesterday i have the ame problem but without RDP. 
The Webpage freeze from time to time. sometimes the website opens and then again it didn't work.

And I get a error massage.

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

Yep, I have similar problem and I already reported it to @PhoneBoy 

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Wow! so it's not only me 😄 very weird that a browser can freeze the whole remote UI 

ED
Advisor

Amazing to read this post @Kaspars_Zibarts 

I was also working from home and connecting to work via VPN. My RDP session froze many times and the only fix was to exit the session and start over again. Never thought that this could be the reason so it was fun to see your post about the same problem. Thanks for sharing this off-topic subject. Now my mind can let go of that question spinning around in head. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The question is: where is the RDP session failing.
Any tcpdumps or fw monitor or similar insights?
Yes, the rotating banner makes RDP "slow" too.
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

i'll try to get some captures today, so ignore weird messages in this thread - it's probably me trying to make RDP fail

Miguel_Arcaya
Explorer

Hi everyone! I have the same problem. I can identify whit wireshark that the problem was traffic RDP(UDP). But this isn´t the big problem, because if the connection did´t pass through a Checkpoint Firewall it works, but when pass through the FW CKP the traffic UDP RDP is the problem.

The solution in windows: you must change this in the client that open the connection RDP and dont use UDP protocol:

1. Press Win+R to open the Run box. Run gpedit. msc.
  2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative templates > Windows components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Connection client.
  3. Enable the Turn off UDP on client setting.

I want find why this happens in FW checkpoint? someone knows?

Sorry about my poor english.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events