Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiagomarques23
Explorer

Devices appear last seen months...but device ative

Basically, we have several devices that remain marked as active on status , but on "last seen" appear many days, weeks, or even months. In other words, the person uses the phone daily, yet it still appears with this last seen in the tenant.
2024-09-03 23_18_23-Check Point Infinity Portal.png

Is there any way, through the tenant, to force the devices to perform some sort of daily "check"?

Someone suggested that the solution would be to ask users to open the app, but that doesn’t make sense to me.

Asking users to open the app so that the phone can 'sync' with the tenant is almost like asking an attacker to clean up after an attack. Users already find it odd to have the app on their phone, let alone being required to open it for it to function correctly.

What is the risk if the phone isn’t visible in the tenant?
Does the phone continue to receive the policies I set even if the user doesn’t open the app?
Anyone have same issue?

2 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

We have customer using harmony mobile, so will check and let you know.

Andy

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @tiagomarques23 ,

Just checked and its exact same thing. I even see some devices that show active, but yet last seen 6 months ago. Im fairly sure this is indeed normal/expected, based on what it says in the admin guide.

Andy

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Harmony-Mobile-Admin-Guide/To...

Active – Devices that have installed and activated the Harmony Mobile Protect App.

the_rock_0-1725407389459.png

Note - For an Android device, each profile (work and personal) is accounted as a device. For example, if an Android device has both work and personal profiles configured, and only the work profile is active, then the Devices Status shows 1 Active device and 1 Inactive device.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events