Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serg78
Explorer

Capsule Docs registration in Android APP

Hello! We try use Capsule docs and can not register external user via e-mail in Capsule docs app installed from Google play market. App is Checkpoint capsule workspace 7.14.27. In Smart endpoint external e-mail has status "invited" .  All tries enter e-mail and password in app is failed. So, external user, added to document can not open protected documents in Android. And we can not find documentation about how to use Android app for Capsule docs.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Invited users should receive an email and complete registration. Was it done in your case?

0 Kudos
Serg78
Explorer

No. Users with Android download and install Capsule docs app from Play market. After that they cant initiate registration process. Just log in with e-,ail and password. Only from Windows machine registration can be does.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Did you try to sign-in in Windows and then re-use the same credentials on Android?

0 Kudos
Serg78
Explorer

yes and it is works. But how user with mobile device can open document? I mean some external user. He at first must install Capsule docs on PC with Windows, make registration and after that re-use same e-mail and password on Android? 

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Not necessarily. You can also sign up on the Document Security Portal: https://ds.checkpoint.com/ds-portal/

0 Kudos
Serg78
Explorer

No, we cant use it. We use Checkpoint NGFW and EDR on-premise with own management. No variants?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Got it. No, I do not think there is a way to register through Android app as an external user. As a workaround, I would suggest an RDP station for those users who do not have Windows to register with your Endpoint MGMT.

0 Kudos
Serg78
Explorer

Ok. But in my opinion it should be very useful if external users can register in mobile app self. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events