cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

smartconsole firmware updates / jumbo install

Hi, 
I am running R81 take 36 and a gateway cluster of two member running r80.40 take 120.
I would like to upgrade the gateways to take 125 using the smartconsole update (cdt) new feature however I get the following error:

"members of cluster are not aligned to same jumbo accumulator hotfix take"

Both members are running r80.40  take 120 and both have visibility to the same available software from the gaia webui / cpuse tab.
However smartconsole has a different view and recommends to install take 118 in one of them.

It seems that smartconsole has an issue to refresh the info from one of the gateways. Is there any way to do refresh it manually?

See pics attached.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please run "cpinfo -y" on both and post the output here.

Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

attached

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC case, attach all files there as well. It is something cosmetic, but let TAC engineers to look into the root cause.

0 Kudos
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

Well, it is not just cosmetic, it doesn't allow me to install the jumbo through smartconsole.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Do you get same issue if you try doing process via firewall web GUI?

0 Kudos
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

This is an issue about smartconsole update (gui CDT) and a cluster firmware upgrade.
Web GUI/cpuse is okay.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Understood.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Would love to do remote tomorrow a bit later or tomorrow if you are available.

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

Unfortunately it is a known issue on the Gateway Side and was fixed in take 125, so after you install this Jumbo take (unfortunately not using the smart console) you the next takes will work smoothly.

If you encounter any problem - will appreciate if you contact me at boazo@checkpoint.com

Thanks

0 Kudos
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

Thanks so much. I tried the feature when I was running take118 on the gateways and there was  different issue, so I was told to install take120 with cpuse to resolve it.  So I was so looking forward to test it with take120 😉 
No problem, I will install take125 and looking forward to install the next jumbo after take125 from the smartconsole 😉

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Really sorry but after another check I found out that the fix is in the next Jumbo and not 125 😞
If it's possible you can contact me directly and I'll provide a small fix to be put on the machine so you won't need to wait for the next Jumbo take

Sorry again for mis-leading

0 Kudos
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

I have upgraded to jumbo 125 and it looks good actually. Smarconsole shows both gateways up to date, both gateways see the same updates available and if I try to update, I don't get the warning any more and I can see the  update window  this time not providing any recommendation as I am up to date.

0 Kudos
Luis_Miguel_Mig
Advisor

The issue I have at the moment is that I don't see the progress bar showing me the cluster's gateways status changes during  jumbo install. So the process works, I get both gateways upgraded, but I am blind during the whole process.

I don't know if the problem is that the manager fails to get this information or is it smartconsole that doesn't present it.

I guess the manager get status information from the gateways' cpuse  at  /opt/CPInstLog/DeploymentAgent.log and then it stores somewhere. I see CDT stores it at /var/log/CPcdt/ but I was wondering where smartconsole stores it.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events