Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3d150n
Participant
Jump to solution

secondary management server root partition full

Hello Guys

Last weekend, the root partition of the secondary management server became full, interrupting the normal functions of the SMS. I couldn't find anything relevant using sk114879, sk60316, sk92664, sk60080, sk91060

Finally I decided to expand the disk space from 64Gb to 100GB (sk95566) and we recovered the services

At this moment 68GB of the "root" partition is used but, primary SMS server is using only 32GB of its "root" partition

After a remote session with TAC we found a lot of "rules-*" files (7486 files taking about 46GB) in $FWDIR/conf/ but TAC engineer told me that it's better not to touch anything on that directory

Do you know what are these "rules-*" files used for?

Is there a way we can delete them without affecting the SMS?

Best regards

Edison

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3d150n
Participant

We found sk168492 and deleted all those files recovering almost 50GB of the root partition

We are going to apply latest JHF next week

Regards

Edison

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe they have something to do with the database, so better not remove them. Any changes done recently? When did you start noticing this?

Andy

0 Kudos
3d150n
Participant

Last change was reinstall the server a month ago onto a vmware because the physical one did broke.

No changes in configuration

Just last weekend issue

Edison

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would check out below link to start:

Disk space tips/tricks 

Also, here is what I personally always do. Say you wish to check any files bigger than 200 MBs in /var/log dir, you can run below command:

find /var/log -size +200000000c (same logic can be applied to any other dir and file size)

Andy

0 Kudos
3d150n
Participant

thank you for the link

I have already identified the "problematic partition"

/var/opt/CPsuite-R80.30/fw1/conf

that directory belongs to the root partition "/" but it seems to be that I should not delete anything on that directory

Edison

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Maybe confirm with TAC if its acceptable to save those files off the box and then delete them. That way if anything happens, you have them ready offline.

Andy

0 Kudos
3d150n
Participant

We found sk168492 and deleted all those files recovering almost 50GB of the root partition

We are going to apply latest JHF next week

Regards

Edison

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events