Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wytoo
Participant
Participant

new MGMT IP trying to establish SIC with old IP

Hi there

We've had to move a Management VM from one subnet to another. I've basically followed this guide here-> migrate_server (checkpoint.com) where you've got to create mdss.json with the new IP in it so it's changing the mgmts IP address to your prefered value. Everything worked and the management is up and running. So far so good. But what I've realized is that when doing a tcpdump for the old mgmt ip, I can see the new ip trying to establish sic (port 18192) with it's own old IP address.

I can't find anything in /var/log/messages with the old ip. also within vi $CPDIR/registry/HKLM_registry.data there's nothing referring to the old IP. 

Anyone got an idea as to why that is? I also don't have any object's with that IP address whatsoever.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you had done all the logical checks already. One thing I would do is maybe "fire up" the Guidbedit and search for the old IP there and see if there is anything with it, if there is, just either reset the value or delete it, but just make sure 100% its not used anywhere else.

Andy

0 Kudos
Wytoo
Participant
Participant

thanks, good idea. The only thing it finds though is in network_objects a net_X.X.X.X, but within the smartconsole there is no such object. Also that wouldn't explain the 18192 traffic or am I wrong?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

It might explain it, even though you dont see that IP in smart console itself. I would remove it, but only if you are 100% positive its not used anywhere. 

You can also parse through $FWDIR/conf/objects_5_0.C file as well

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events