Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tavi0906
Participant

downtime and tools for the migrate.

1. do we need any migrate tools to export the FW rules and all the polices from old to new appliance of managment server ?

2. what is the downtime required to migrate the firewall from old management server to new one ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

1. migrate_server

2. None

More info on your specific scenario may help provide further clarity. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Item 1 is documentend in SecureKnowledge. The exact procedure is listed there based on from where to where you are going to migrate.

Item 2 varies a lot. As I can schedule it and plan my work ahead I can do this propably within an hour or two if I can prep this  correcty. Depending on how large the rulebasses are. But I would forecast 4 hours as a minimum.

However worse case scenario's mean you haven't tested stuff and need to roll back after spending a few hours trying to resolve things 

As it stands R81.20 imports require a custom hotfix at the moment if you have multiple gateways with variations on the exact blades active on each firewall. I expect it will be rolled into the next GA Jumbo Hotfix.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events