Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

cleanup gateway gateway repositories from sms? (using cdt?)

Hi mates,

i am just installing jumbo hotfix and a private hofix bundle to a list of many gateways using cdt.
That means i am uninstalling the private bundle for the old hotfix take, installing new jumbo and installing new private take.
So far so good.
After successfully doing this job, the old jumbo and old private bundle remain in the gateway repositories.
I just can uninstall the packages using cdt but apparently not delete them.
I know there is a sk regarding cleanup of old installation directories but i do not find anything regarding cleanup of old repository packages.
Any idea how to centralized do that?

Best regards
Vincent

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eliran_Levi
Employee
Employee

Hi Vincent,

You can use the following clish command to delete a packge using CPUSE: clish -c 'installer delete <package_name> not-interactive' 

You can incorporate the above command into CDT via "execute_command" or "execute_script" actions.

CDT will not check for any success/failure. However, you can add additional logic to the script (after sleep for a few minutes) to verify the file deletion.

Let me know if you need any help.

Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Eliran,

thanks a lot.
Well, i'll play a bit around Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Tsahi_Etziony
Employee
Employee

Vincent, 

Please let us know if Eliran's suggested solution works for you. I think that this use case can be common enough for us to add this as a new action for the deployment plan.

We'll add this to one of the next versions.

0 Kudos
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Tshahi,
it will work, i think so. I will have to write a script to check current installed release/hotfixes and check which older/unused packets still reside in the repository and then to delete them using cpuse.
Don't know how to realize that but it's not really urgent Smiley Happy
Thanks
Vincent

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events