Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus_Kress
Contributor
Jump to solution

after changing hostname, log shows still old name

Hi CheckMates,

Interesting thing: After changing some hostnames with api command "set host", the log entries are still resolved to the old names.

The changes were published and also a policy install was done. What did I miss to do? 

I am using R80.20 SMS, the gateways also running R80.20.

Does anyone else got the issue, and how can it be resolved?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Markus_Kress
Contributor

We have no dedicated log server and the database was already installed. But the problem was fixed after installing the current ongoing take of jumbo hotfix R80.20 take 47. There was no note in the description of the jumbo about a bug like that. 

Many thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Markus_Kress
Contributor
Additional information: Tracker shows the correct hostnames, only smartlog uses still the old hostnames.
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Probably it is cached in the solr database and it may have its own resolution refresh timers.

Markus_Kress
Contributor

Hello Vladimir,

I think after a day later the solr database should be ok. But we have still the same issue.

I think the solr database is not updated at all, can I initate an update of that database?

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Take a look at this: sk108216, while it does not exactly corresponds with your symptoms, the solution shown there may very well work. As always, at your own risk 🙂

0 Kudos
Roman_Niewiado1
Contributor

If you have dedicated Log-Server, you have to install database on them.

0 Kudos
Bekir_Aldemir2
Explorer

Did you try installing the database?  😃

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor
what about local rev-dns ? 🙂
Jerry
Markus_Kress
Contributor

We have no dedicated log server and the database was already installed. But the problem was fixed after installing the current ongoing take of jumbo hotfix R80.20 take 47. There was no note in the description of the jumbo about a bug like that. 

Many thanks for your help.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events