cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InfrasecConsult
Participant
Jump to solution

Will a CPUSE Clean install wipe the LOM port config

Checkpoint TAC now informed us that a CPUSE Clean Install will wipe the LOM Port config. We are doing a remote CPUSE Clean install on a system with issues (on recommendation of TAC) but now they informed us that the LOM config will be wiped. Is that true as we need to access the LOM remotely in the event of issues with the CPUSE Clean Install.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dolev
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you advise with the SR number? I would like to look into that internally.

AFAIU, LOM configuration should not be impacted by CPUSE actions.

Regards,

Dolev

View solution in original post

5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You have the official statement from TAC. Why doublechecking? If you need an alternative solution, a console server or even a jumpstation on that remote location would help.

Also, the post is in the management section. It is very unlikely that you would need to perform a clean-install of your older management server.

Could you please provide some better details about what you are planning to do?

0 Kudos
InfrasecConsult
Participant

I was double checking as the official statement from TAC (at that time) did not make sense to me and I wanted to get confirmation. 

Since then the TAC Case was escalated and one of the TAC Technical Leads came involved and he confirmed that the TAC engineer's comment was incorrect and that the LOM config will not be affected.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Sorry to hear, please send SR number to me via a private message, thanks

0 Kudos
Dolev
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you advise with the SR number? I would like to look into that internally.

AFAIU, LOM configuration should not be impacted by CPUSE actions.

Regards,

Dolev

InfrasecConsult
Participant

Yes, after the case was escalated this weekend the Engineer's Technical Lead was pulled in and he confirmed that the LOM will not affected .

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events