Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Wildcard certificate on R80.10 SmartCenter

I tried to install a wildcard certificate on my R80.10 SmartCenter. In this I followed sk109593 but oddly enough I now get a default certificate. I had another certificate put in there and found that I had to reboot the machine to make it work.

But now the issue has reverted back to some build in certificate. When I restored my previously used certificate I was unable to get it to work again.

The only issue is that I also installed Take 56. So i guess I need to find the time to revoke Take 56 and see if that resolves the issue.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Are you using it for https inspection?

you can refer sk113125.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Hugo,

Can you confirm that the issue was caused by Take 56 and let me know if you were able to get it working?

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

The jumbo take was not relevant. I tried to use it just for GAIA on the SmartCenter. It works just fine when I push it to the Portal of my gateway. And a wildcard certificate is rather pointless for SSL intercept traffic. I would use a subordinate CA for that.

The hostname of my SmartCenter however currently does not match the certificate which might explain better why it is not accepted. Not sure if I want to go through the pains of fixing that at the moment.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)