Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senoo
Participant

Where is Dark Mode?

With alot of companies/websites/applications have implemented this years ago, we still stare at an all white SmartConsole. 
High Contrast Mode exist, but it's missing features, it's like a different application and therefor not usable.

It's 2024, where is it?

If you would want this too, use the like button to bump this 😃

22 Replies
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

You could try this (i think it is ugly :)) 

Smart Console -> Manage & Settings -> Preferences -> Accessibility -> enable High Contrast Theme.

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
Senoo
Participant

Please read my post again 🙂

Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

AH never mind! 

-------
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Do you have features in mind that are missing?

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Senoo
Participant

Please see screenshot below for comparison of missing features for example:

HighcontrastVSWhite.jpg

And more than that is missing, but I think you get the point 😉

the_rock
Legend
Legend

As Bob said, on mac os is way better, but still some stuff missing.

Andy

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

I have it over on macOS. 😉Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 08.43.48.png

I'm still missing some features (mostly around interacting with MDSs, creating or editing firewalls, deleting certain types of object, and dealing with tasks), but it's coming along.

0 Kudos
Senoo
Participant

That looks good, but nothing like that for windows, I don't get why...

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

SmartConsole also doesn't have high-DPI support, which I think is a more serious issue. It's actually impossible to make certain changes with a high-DPI monitor because the buttons draw outside the visible space, so you can't hit them. This mostly relates to changes to firewall objects, such as creating interfaces or routes in a VS.

0 Kudos
Senoo
Participant

Here's my 2 cents, they are moving away from the desktop clients and onto the web, question is how well is the web application compared to the desktop and when is it going to happen?

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Web applications all suck. They are incapable of ever being even halfway passable.

If Check Point moves away from the proper client application to a web interface, I will move my company (big one with multiple diamond reps) away from Check Point.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its windows, enough said 😂😂😂

0 Kudos
Senoo
Participant

Haha, don't be like that 😄

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I remember having old mac grape they called it I think, desktop comp, the BEST, never an issue. Now I use Macbook air for personal use,  again, the best. As I always say, its like anything that comes from Japan, superb quality.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor
Advisor

What about?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-your-display-for-night-time-in-windows-18fe903a-e0a1...

-------
0 Kudos
Senoo
Participant

That's not really the same thing as a native dark mode, but I'll try to remember that 😊

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

I am also wondering where is Dark Mode theme here, in Check Mates. Also, whole Check Point websites (support, beyond, ...).

But hey, there are more serious issues, right ? 😉

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You got that right @JozkoMrkvicka 🙂

0 Kudos
Senoo
Participant

Agreed, but eye strain is kinda serious 😅

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

But there are still dozens of solutions for this issue 😉 RCA shows that following solutions are available:

1. Close your eyes

2. Buy sunglasses with UV filter

3. Buy eyeglasses with blue filter

4. Help SmartConsole team hire better designers

5. Do not use Check Point products

6. Get used to it

It was discussed here many times, but so far no real progress.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@JozkoMrkvicka 🤣🤣🤣

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

I find dark mode kind of overhyped. After having used it everywhere, I'm now using light/dark with sunrise/sunset settings. Modern computers with decent displays will also make a good job at attenuating the colour output in light mode, unless you go full throttle on the brightness.

If there's one area where I wish the devs would concentrate their efforts on, it's to get rid of the components still managed by the legacy smart dashboard, integrate them in Smart Console and complete the relevant API's.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events