Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TamSOL
Collaborator
Jump to solution

What is Smart-1 redundant feature?

Hello.  everyone.

We want to  propose  Smart-1 and two Quantums  to our customers.

But the customer needs a redaundant feature every machine. 

Does Smart-1 have a redandant feature?
what kind of feature of smart-1 that?

Of couse, I think the one answer is VM, however The customer's infrastracuter doesn't have a space.

Please tell us, your ideas.

Thank you for all information.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think you mean management HA feature, which is essentially 2 management servers in high availability, so one is always active and other one standby, like a cluster config. Is that what you were referring to possibly?

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think you mean management HA feature, which is essentially 2 management servers in high availability, so one is always active and other one standby, like a cluster config. Is that what you were referring to possibly?

Andy

0 Kudos
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the information.

Yes, I find a management HA feature.

Is that like a setting up cluster XL in a quantum firewalls?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its literally like clusterXL, except for management piece. You can find more info below. Just my own personal opinion, I never suggest anyone management HA, cause in reality, your actual mgmt server would rarely crash to the point of no recovery, unless you really run out of space or the database becomes "overloaded". If your client will be using beefy smart-1 appliance, I really dont see a point of having management HA.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81_SecurityManagement_AdminGuide/Topi...

The only customers I ever saw have that in 15 years dealing with CP were really large banks or corporations who managed dozens of gateways and it usually involved using Provider-1 with many CMAs, so it was worth having management redundancy. For a regular environment, not sure why they would ever need that...again, just my personal opinion.

TamSOL
Collaborator

OK. I got it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If any customer asked me about it, thats exactly how I would put it to them. As a matter of fact, done it few times before and people totally understand. Honesty is the best policy, my friend!

(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events