Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anuj_Kumar
Participant

We are running two management server in HA with R77.30 and going to R80 should we go with fresh installation or go with upgrade and which one is easy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There are two basic upgrade paths:

1. In-place upgrade with CPUSE (which has been smooth for most customers)

2. "Advanced database upgrade" where you export the R77.30 configuration, do a fresh install of R80.10 (either booting off ISO or via CPUSE), and import the R77.30 configuration.

I recommend leveraging the R80.x Upgrade Verification and Environment Simulation service to make sure the upgrade (whichever path you take) will be smooth.

0 Kudos
Anuj_Kumar
Participant

I have done upgrade 80.10 with cpuse and its very easy also upgrade gateway as well

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jay_Jeffcoat
Participant

Following up on what Dameon said, both ways should be fairly easy, but when I do upgrades such as a big one like this I prefer start fresh and clean. If you have access to a lab then you should be able to compare the two different ways(It's a great way to practice and also vet any issues that might arise)

1) Do a migrate export of your current R77.30 management server

2) Migrate import into a new R77.30 management server that's in your lab

From here you can either do an in-place upgrade or use the R80.x upgrade tools and export the database to a fresh install of R80.x

Good luck Anuj!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events