Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinceneil666
Advisor

Upgrade of LOG server from R81 to R81.10 - takes for ages ?

Hi,

Im am upgrading a LOG (and a event) server from R81 to R81.10.

It is currentleyt stuck on 86% - closing in on 2 hours. Checking the DA_Actions xml file - is states success and start time for upgrade. Looks fine.

I do know that this is a task that can take a bit of time - but have anyone any experiences here ? And, besides the DA_Actions file and the upgrade / verification files in $FWDIR/log - are there any other places we could get some input on progress ? 

TOP wont provide me with to much info - I see the upgrade_agent is using a minimal amount of resources. And ps aux shows me that there is stuff going on.. 

[XXXXXXXXX-gw]# ps aux | grep upgrade
admin 7698 0.0 0.0 3640 1412 ? S 13:31 0:00 /bin/bash -c . /opt/CPshared/5.0/tmp/.CPprofile.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 ;cd /mnt/fcd/new_upgrade_tools_migrate_dir; export UPGRADE_CONTEXT=cpuse; export CPUSE_SHOW_PROGRESS_ID=Check_Point_R81.10_T335_Fresh_Install_and_Upgrade.
admin 7699 0.0 0.0 3764 1564 ? S 13:31 0:00 /bin/sh /opt/CPsuite-R81/fw1/scripts/migrate_server export -v R81.10 -npb -skip_upgrade_tools_check -n -d /mnt/fcd/new_upgrade_tools_migrate_dir/migrated_mgmt.tgz
admin 7706 0.0 0.0 4164 2152 ? S 13:31 0:00 /bin/sh /opt/CPupgrade-tools-R81.10/scripts/upgrade_client.sh export -v R81.10 -npb -non-interactive -d /mnt/fcd/new_upgrade_tools_migrate_dir/migrated_mgmt.tgz
admin 16446 0.0 0.0 2648 576 pts/4 S+ 15:04 0:00 grep --color=auto upgrade

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Did the upgrade ever complete?
I believe there is also a log file in /var/log that should show what's going on with the migration.

0 Kudos
vinceneil666
Advisor

Hi,

No it did not, both for the LOG and EVENT it got to 86% on 'exporting database' and the the DA_Actions.xml shoved me a "failed" message. I went trough the other different logs to, but I was really unable to find anything usefull. I double checked versions and filenames - update agent and so on - they all looked fine.

I have a ticket open for it now, provided them with lots of files, waiting fot some feedback on what went wrong.

Of course I could do the the classic way, but it would be nice to have the CPUSE way work, as I see in the different SK's it is allso the most prefered way of doing it.

0 Kudos
shlomip
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

@vinceneil666 ,

Can you please provide your SR #? 

Also, can you please provide output file of "da_cli collect_logs" (expert mode) 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events