cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divisan14
Participant

Unable to view past date of traffic log

Hi All,

Recently, In CP R80.10 the disk space utilization has reached 95%. I have removed a few log files from the previous version (R77.30) to solve the disk space issue.  Now in the CP suite R80 folder, I am seeing broken shortcuts of the old log files, which belongs to previous versions that I have removed. Since then, I can view only the live traffic log files on the smart dashboard. Whereas I cannot view past dated traffic logs in the smart dashboard but I can see those files in CP suite R80 var/log folder. Likely, I can view live & past dates of the audit logs in the smart dashboard.  Now how do I view past date traffic log files in the smart console? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Can you provide some additional info?

1) Are you working in full index mode?

2) In the logs view, when you try to open a log file (SmartConsole logs view -> menu -> file -> open log file) what is the output? Does it show the log files properly and does it open them successfully?

3) If you keep scrolling logs until current day ends, does it show yesterday's logs?

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
divisan14
Participant

1. The full index mode is not enabled. I believe it will consume a lot of disk space. Please feel free to correct me. 

2. In the smart console, I do not see previous date log files on the menu. Where I can see only in CPsuite R80/ var/log. 

3. Since the full index is not enabled, I will not be able to see yesterday's log from the current date. 

Will I be able to see previous date logs, if I remove broken shortcut logs from the previous version. 

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

It's roughly doubles the size so it depends on your retention needs.

Can you send a screenshot of what you see when you're trying to open a logs file?

I would suggest removing the links to the deleted log files. Perhaps this combination disrupts it somehow.

I would advise against deleting logs manually, try to change the settings on your log servers instead from the SmartConsole GUI if needed.

Also, try to install latest JHF, this could possibly help.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
divisan14
Participant

We do not prefer full index mode.

The issue is, I do not see any files in the log menu. I was able to see all the traffic log files until I delete a few old logs from the previous version R77.30 to clear some disk space. 

Attached necessary screenshots for better understanding. 

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Ok, try to do the actions I recommended - remove the links for the logs you deleted and if that doesn't help try to install latest JHF.

In case none of these will help you can try using the old tracker, by going to the SmartConsole directory and open CPlgv.exe .

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)