Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medtiti92
Explorer
Jump to solution

Unable to login to Smartconsole

Hi, 

After the disk was full in SmartConsole, we delete some files to make free espaces, but sinces, we are unable to login to the management via Smart Console : 

when i make api status, i have this ouput : 

[Management]# api status
2023-Dec-11 11:48:20 - ERROR: Log directory not found at ${NGM_WEB_API_LOG_DIR}.
Exiting...
Could not write to api_sh.elg: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/opt/CPsuite-R81.10/fw1/log/api_sh.elg'

Please help 

0 Kudos
36 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you run api start and see what happens?

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sorry, nm, I see you did that already...what does cpwd_admin list show?

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If you are allowed to do remote, be free to message me directly, we can do zoom meeting.

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey guys,

Just to update quick...I did remote with Mohamed for couple hours and appears there are some files missing here to get this corrected. First, we restored backup from last week, but same issue. Then, we tried restoring some backups from November (as backups are scheduled to run every Friday at 10.30 pm), but it kept complaining that there were some directories missing on the appliance. I sent him the files from my working mgmt server, that did help a little, errors went away when trying to do restore, but now it keeps saying compression error.

Not sure why, as there appears to be enough space.

I asked Mohamed to get in touch with TAC to see if there is anything further they can do. I really hope if bit older backup can be restored, we might be fortunate enough for cpm to start.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good news! Did another remote with @medtiti92 , all good now. Appears took some time to rebuild all the files after reboot and another cpstop; cpstart. I will get in touch with Mohamed again to confirm if smart event blade should be enabled, as it was before, but we disabled it. api status now shows all successful and he confirmed smart console works fine. I did end up sending him some files from my working mgmt server, as we noticed couple of directories were missing, specially/log dir in $RTDIR, as that was preventing from running ./run_cpmdoc.sh script.

@medtiti92 , since you told me new guy deleted some files by mistake, here is my best advice...if you are not sure what can be deleted, do NOT delete anything, better to verify on community or via TAC case.

Please refer to below to add more disk space on VM (which is what you run your mgmt server on)

Andy

How to add hardware resources, such as log storage, to a Virtual Machine running Gaia OS (checkpoint...

0 Kudos
(1)
medtiti92
Explorer

Yes i confirmed, everything work good now, @the_rock help me for couples of hours trying restore somes deleted files from his lab to my SMS, and now all process are up and working. Thanks again for your time and support, i don't know what doing without this help.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

All good my friend, you are a good dude! I will send you another zoom soon to verify smart event.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events