Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Unable to find network object in smart console

Hey guys,

Dealing with somewhat peculiar issue here. We clearly see in customer's environment that there is network object listed from object in smart console, but we cant find that name anywhere in object list, though is visible in guidbedit.

They had not made any changes recently, so not sure why this would be happening.

If anyone has an idea, would be appreciated, as we need to make change to it and install policy.

Thanks as always!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never mind, there is an sk about it. This is the solution and I totally forgot I made a post about it recently as well.

Apologies.

Andy

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk126872

Solution

If you wish to see the auto-generated network objects in the Object Explorer, you can cancel their "auto calculated" property. Please note that editing their network properties may cause a network shutdown.
  1. Close the SmartConsole and open GuiDBedit.
  2. Navigate to Network Objects > network_objects > select the relevant network object
  3. Change the value of cdm_auto_calculated to 'false'
  4. Save all changes in the GuiDBedit.
  5. Close GuiDBedit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never mind, there is an sk about it. This is the solution and I totally forgot I made a post about it recently as well.

Apologies.

Andy

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk126872

Solution

If you wish to see the auto-generated network objects in the Object Explorer, you can cancel their "auto calculated" property. Please note that editing their network properties may cause a network shutdown.
  1. Close the SmartConsole and open GuiDBedit.
  2. Navigate to Network Objects > network_objects > select the relevant network object
  3. Change the value of cdm_auto_calculated to 'false'
  4. Save all changes in the GuiDBedit.
  5. Close GuiDBedit
0 Kudos
sushantjoshi
Contributor

Hello @the_rock Since you have already gone through this pain what does "Please note that editing their network properties may cause a network shutdown" mean in this context ? Will there be in any disruption in traffic while doing this  ? 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had not experienced any. I think its more words of caution, if you will.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events