Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uakomba
Explorer
Jump to solution

Unable to access GAIA Web UI 80.40 to setup First Time Wizard

Hello,

I just installed Gaia OS on VMware Workstation Pro and the next step is to set up the First Time Wizard. In my browser, I typed https://<IP address>  and I get the error in the screenshot below:

Error.JPG

The VM network adapter is set to NAT.

Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Some kind of a connectivity issue. Add a machine on the same segment and the same LAN net, and connect

View solution in original post

7 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Some kind of a connectivity issue. Add a machine on the same segment and the same LAN net, and connect

uakomba
Explorer

Thank you. This option worked! But in the long term what configurations will I have to make to run the Gaia portal from the host browser?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Figure out how to connect to that machine. Can be additional static route, or an additional interface.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

I'm pretty sure the host can't talk to guests set to use a NAT network adapter. Try setting it to bridged or adding a second set to host-only.

You can also do the initial setup using config_system. I don't think I've even seen the web UI in five years.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

There is probably more then one answer to this. This is what I've done, when the requirement is to connect from the host system to the guest, directly.

- Install VyOS (virtual router VyOS Community) into a VM, with a minimum of two interfaces:

- Make one interface a bridged interface (in my case it just picks up a DHCP address)

- The other interface assign it to a LAN segment which would lead to the MGMT interface of the GW.

Once this is setup, the very first thing to do is connectivity testing via ping and then of course https/ssh (keep in mind if your running a firewall on your host this could block traffic).

Personally I find it better (or should I say more flexible) to basically do the above but instead of bridging to the host system, create a Client VM and then connect this to the GW us VYOS  using LAN segments (Clearly the MGMT interface could be in the same subnet, but its more realistic with a routed network between).

0 Kudos
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Definitely connectivity issue...make sure DG is correct and is on right LAN.

genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Have you tried basic ping test, additionally tcpdump at the cli.  Whenever I've had this issue with VMWare, 9/10 its been a connectivity issue between the VM/Host (client) and the Management VM (Guest).  

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events