Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCH
Explorer

Two of each policy and each MDS server after CPUSE R80.30 upgrade from R80.10

Just performed an in-place upgrade from R80.10 to R80.30 on an MDS server running on a Smart-1 3150.  The verifier was clean before hand and the upgrade completed successfully, and installed the T50 HFA, rebooted, let it run for an hour or so.  I can log in and manage rules and almost everything looks great.  That said, kind of a weird issue...  I went to open a policy and noticed that each policy is now listed twice with the identical name.  The layers are fine - only one each of those.  Also things like when I select the Gateways and Servers each appliance is listed once, but when I do something like select targets to install the database on, each MDS server is listed twice, again with the identical names.  From what I can tell the policies do appear to be identical, but there are a couple thousand rules so I am not 100%.

Anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

0 Kudos
DCH
Explorer

As mentioned, this was a result of an in-place upgrade from 80.10.  Since this versions is running an ext3 file system, and is apparently a victim of the scheduler bug causing painfully slow snapshots, the plan was always to go to a fresh install.  With that in mind I did an mds_backup and GAIA backup, logged in to LOM, fresh install from the Management ISO with clean xfs partitions, ran the mds_restore script, and all duplicate policies were fixed.  I can't say I can explain why - I was expecting to see them but just needed to go from 3 hour snapshots to 5 minute snapshots - which this fresh install accomplished.  I had already tar'd and moved all logs off the system, exported all backups/snapshots, and cleaned up as many files as I could.  In any case, this issue worked itself out in the fresh install - which was an added bonus.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events