Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Take_103 JHFA is now GA. Do not install Take_91.

Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R80.10 (R80_10_jumbo_hf) 

For those contemplating upgrade to Take_91: I've just borked my SMS by going from Take_70 to Take_91.

No WebUI, ssh behaves weirdly and clish CPUSE uninstall is not working.

I am not implying that it is not a one-off issue, but keep it in mind and snapshot before JHFAs installations.

I've skipped it this time and am looking at a lab rebuild.

Also, the reason I was going to Take_91 is actually the first one described in Take_103: 

"Management HA fails to synchronize with "The Security Management Servers contain different Hotfixes" error even though the same packages are installed on servers."

Another incentive to go with 103 is this: Issues Restoring Gaia Backup in R80.10 JHF 70, 79, 85, 91  

20 Replies
Steven_Civitare
Explorer

We called into support after having problems with take 91 on multiple gateways within our environment.  They told us they were pulling it from GA due to reported issues.  We ended up having to roll back to 56 to get the environment stable again.

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

One of my clients saw issues with R80.10 Take 91 as well, it broke logging to the SMS when applied on the gateway.  Even trying to run fw log -n on the gateway itself would throw an error with Take 91 installed; was resolved by backing it out on the gateway.

--
Second Edition of my "Max Power" Firewall Book
Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

Anyone have the same issue on multi domain?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just as a point of reference, JHF 91 does NOT appear to have been pulled yet.

I am not saying there isn't an issue related to it, just putting the facts out there.

If you can send me your SRs privately, I'll look into it.

0 Kudos
Steven_Civitare
Explorer

Follow me so I can message them to you.  Came from Diamond support

Iain_King
Collaborator

I can't seem to be able to get access to Take_85 either.. none of the takes seems searchable.

I am experiencing problems from sk120558 which are resolved in Take_42, can't get any other take than 91 and R80.10 gaia CPUSE has Take91 available as an update. Can't access gaia webui with chrome or firefox either (only IE works - somewhat reliably) among many other problems with R80.10 - like the anti-spoofing dropping connections wholesale (including ospf) despite being disabled on the interface (or even when correctly configured).

This issue is huge. 

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

The "Check_Point_R80_10_JUMBO_HF_Bundle_T103_sk116380_FULL.tgz"  is searchable from cloud via WebUI.

I was able to locate it and am downloading it now.

t could be found here: Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator for R80.10 (R80_10_jumbo_hf) 

I use Opera browser for Gaia WebUI management of Take_70 with no issues.

0 Kudos
Iain_King
Collaborator

What assurances are there that T103 is any safer than T91?

Doesn't it seem prudent to move backwards one rather than forwards?

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Yep, looks like they've pulled the earlier packages and SKs associated with them.

If you have Take_70 (or other stable Take_#) on one of your appliances, export it from there using CPUSE WebUI and import to target appliances.

0 Kudos
Iain_King
Collaborator

You use opera? can you use chrome or firefox?

0 Kudos
Iain_King
Collaborator

I don't have it.. this is the first R80.10 boxes we are rolling out

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Chrome generally works. So does the Firefox. Occasionally they upgrade browser engines too rapidly and CP has to adjust httpd to comply.

Vladimir Yakovlev

vlad@eversecgroup.com

0 Kudos
Iain_King
Collaborator

Alright, so I installed the T103, it resolved a bunch of problems (failed CPHA on one member with no problem stats). Still having some issues with OSPF and mobile blade that are unexplained, but the T103 at least hasn't broken anything as far as I can tell.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to add some semi-official commentary Smiley Happy

We have not yet officially pulled R80.10 JHF 91 yet as it is listed as the current GA take in sk116380.

There is a known issue in JHF 91 that is fixed in JHF 103.

Even though the CPUSE identifier is posted above, you are encouraged to open a TAC case and report your findings: Contact Support | Check Point Software

This is important as the information will be helpful in building the necessary confidence in JHF 103 that will allow us to release it as the GA take sooner rather than later.

0 Kudos
Jim_Fessler
Contributor

Over the past week Chrome has stopped working on R77.30 and R80.10. Just built a test R80.10 with JHF91 everything works except WEBUI with Chrome (IE works) however no browser will import any hotfixes to R80.10 base install or JHF91 or a new T5 install of R77.30. 

Chrome on Server 2003 which is not updated does work. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The issue with Chrome is a different issue that has a solution you can get from TAC: Gaia Portal shows blank page after log in with Firefox 5x or Chrome 66 

0 Kudos
Iain_King
Collaborator

wow! the balls!

//

Solution

This is not a Check Point issue, but an issue with the browser. 

As a workaround, use Internet Explorer, or contact Check Point Support to get a procedure that will work around this issue. A Support Engineer will make sure the procedure is compatible with your environment before running it. 

//

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

They are, technically speaking, correct.

When browser engines change, it is your choice to upgrade them or not (nominally, both Google and Mozilla are pushing updates automatically).

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

A new package is available on *****: R80.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator (Take 103)

Download updated SmartConsole for R80.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator

This package should not be installed on Smart-1 525/5050/5150.

For backup prior R80.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator Take 103 installation, refer to sk123352.

Details:
Machine:*****
Package Name: R80.10 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator (Take 103)
File Name: Check_Point_R80_10_JUMBO_HF_Bundle_T103_sk116380_FULL.tgz
Package Type: Wrapper
Package Size: 514.628 MB
Available From: 2018-04-12 00:00:00
Allowed Machine Types: All types.

I am tempted to install it. But should I ? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes JHF103 is now a GA take

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events