Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ED
Advisor
Jump to solution

System backup via SmartConsole

Hi,

In SmartConsole, right-clicking a firewall object > Actions > System backup. 

Does that support backup to a Windows machine running openssh server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You don't need to specify a path, the backup file will be uploaded directly into home directory of your scp user account. This needs to be configured within your OpenSSH server configuration. Just in case you want to specify a specific path within the home directory of your scp user, you would simply use slahes to point it to the right direction.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

That is exactly what it does.

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

Thanks Danny. The problem is path for Windows machine I think. If it's under forexample C:\openssh\backup

you would type /C:/openssh/backup/ but I don't think that it accepts the colon(:) sign. Am I right?

Just assuming that since if I would have tried that through Gaia web

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You don't need to specify a path, the backup file will be uploaded directly into home directory of your scp user account. This needs to be configured within your OpenSSH server configuration. Just in case you want to specify a specific path within the home directory of your scp user, you would simply use slahes to point it to the right direction.

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

SmartConsole requires some input in path field:

It works with /./ which will store it under C:\ or if you want it under C:\openssh\SystemBackup forexample then you would just write /openssh/SystemBackup/ in path. Thanks Danny!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events