cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exonix
Advisor
Jump to solution

SmartView admin login doesn't work, but GAIA

Hello, I have Management Server 81.20 and I can successfully log in to GAIA, but the same password does not work for SmartView login. Are the admins for GAIA and SmartView different or should I grant additional SmartView permissions to the GAIA-Admin user?

Thank you!

smartview-1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Under "cpconfig" you have administrator option. You can set a new admin if needed.

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

SmartView Web uses the administrators defined for accessing the Security Management Server database. These are the administrators that are defined in SmartConsole or using Management API.

You have the option to define an administrator that will have limited permissions just for logs.

Permission Profile - Logs.png

Exonix
Advisor

yes, my user has all permissons, but not I have another problem: on another CP Admin password works for the web-interface and SSH, but doesn't work CP Console... I don't have other users with permissions "Super User". How can I reset password for the Admin via SSH?

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Under "cpconfig" you have administrator option. You can set a new admin if needed.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Exonix
Advisor

thanks. it was odd (it just added 'admin' without asking a new password), but worked.

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

The option you probably selected was "Do you want to use Gaia administrator 'admin' (y/n) ? y"

It uses the credentials of that administrator.

If you would have selected a new admin, you would have been required to choose a password.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events