cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flachance
Advisor

SmartEvent mail notification not working

Hi,

Version is R80.40. SmartEvent is on the management server.

We are attempting to use SmartEvent to get mail notifications when there is unauthorized login.

We’re using the ‘Check Point administrator login at irregular hours’ as a test and we changed the Time object to only 1 minute on Wednesday so every time someone logs in, it should trigger an event.

We are not receiving anything. The management server and mail server are on different subnet and I don’t even see smtp traffic happening when the event is triggered.

Is there anywhere in the logs I can confirm the event is being triggered and it’s attempting to send a mail?

When defining the mail server in the Mail Automatic Reaction, do you just put the mail server (mailserver.domain.com) or just the domain (domain.com)? The field seems to imply it should be the mail server “Outgoing mail server (SMTP)” but the documentation says “Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is the domain of your SMTP server.”

In SmartEvent I see a System Status Error saying “The process CPSM which is monitored by watchdog was detected as being down”

But if we start it it says “Process CPSM is alive, process won't be started again”

In cpsead.elg we see these lines pretty much every minutes

Warning:cp_timed_blocker_handler: A handler [0xf736bd90] blocked for 60 seconds.

Warning:cp_timed_blocker_handler: Handler info: Library [/opt/CPshrd-R80.40/lib/libopsec.so], Function offset [0x25d90].

Warning:cp_timed_blocker_handler: A handler [0xf7533330] blocked for 60 seconds.

Warning:cp_timed_blocker_handler: Handler info: Library [/opt/CPshrd-R80.40/lib/libComUtils.so], Function offset [0x12330].

In cpsemd.elg we see these lines over and over

CDBConfiguration::RefreshStatus() - Failed to calculate available DB max size.

Any ideas? What could be happening or where to look?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
flachance
Advisor

After several Install Event policy and Install database it started working.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events