Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilDavey
Collaborator

SmartCenter Gaia Updates

We currently have a Firewall Rule that allows our SmartCenter to access the internet using a custom Application/Site:

.checkpoint.com$

but after a recent Firewall review, it was deemed that this could grant access to more websites than what is actually required.

I have found the following website which lists the the exact URL's that are required for updates/services:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

So my question would be, I am guessing I could allow access using one of the below methods:

1 - Leave the rule as is, or is this a little broad on what could be access?

2 - Remove the 2 allowed ones here (checkpoint.comREGEX & GoDaddy) and use the above URL to get all the specific URL's for Security Management Server and create these as Application/Sites and allow access to only these.

3 - Is there a built in application/category/service that could be used to allow this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

sk83520 is probably the best thing to follow for what to allow.
We currently don’t have a predefined app/service for this, but that seems like a good idea.

0 Kudos
NeilDavey
Collaborator

Thanks for the feedback.  I will look into sk83520 and use this method for the time being.

Could we get the other idea raised with Check Point at all do you know?

**3 - Is there a built in application/category/service that could be used to allow this?**

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events