cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nüüül
Advisor

Smart Tasks in SmartConsole - Email Address Acceptance

Hi,

obiously there is some kind of data validation in SmartConsole, when configuring Email Reporting (i.e. when policy installed and so on). Emails with .de or .com and so on are accepted as sender/recipient. 

Domains with .tech, .cloud, and other (not that widely used) TLDs are not accepted.

is there a list which TLDs are accepted? And / Or a possibility (guidbedit?) where tlds can be added to? 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will test this in my lab, which runs latest R81.20 version and see if its the same issue.

Andy

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

It looks more like a simple pattern matching than a true list of TLD.

I tried to input sender@whatever.com  and it accepted it, along with sender@whatever.mco,  sender@whatever.cmo  and so on,  you get the idea. But sender@whatever.comz  failed.

Same thing for countries, inexistant two-letters TLD work, including those in two parts like .co.uk are accepted along with any non-sense xx.zz combinations.

Checked on latest R81.20 T26 SMS.

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

I have forwarded this to the relevant R&D owner.

I will update you once I have additional details.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, unless I tested this in the wrong place, took it for me. Can you please confirm where you tried it?

Andy

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Example with a SmartTask After Publish.

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 15.39.09.png

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 15.38.54.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Nüüül @Alex- 

Seems like it works in R81.20

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

It works when you don't enable the SmartTask on the General pane, my example is also from R81.20 T26.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Alex, when you say general pane, maybe Im missing it, as I dont see it on the object itself?

Andy

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

There's on Off-On toggle button that's Off by default in the SmartTask object you created, check General above the Advanced pane.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah yes (DOH), saw that, silly me...sorry about that. Let me test it shortly and see what happens.

Andy

0 Kudos
Nüüül
Advisor

Andy, see the attached image. there is an on/off switch. when disabled, you can insert any data. when enabling, you get an error

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Right, Alex mentioned the same. I just tested and yep, its exact same problem. Let me see if I can dig anything out of Guidbedit setting for this.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Maybe TAC case would be worth it here, but even in Guidbedit, there does not seem to be anything for this at all, at least that I can find.

Andy

0 Kudos
Itai_Minuhin
Employee
Employee

Hello, 

My name is Itai, I'm a group manager in Check Point R&D, responsible for SmartTasks. 

First, I would like to thank you all for sharing your feedback.

Since this post published, we investigated the issue and created a fix that will be released as part of the JHF for all relevant versions. 

Once released, the fix will be documented in the "resolved issues" page. 

Best Regards, 

Itai

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events