Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William_Garner
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
Jump to solution

Smart Event R80 - "Quota Exceeded" under status

On premise permanently licensed Smart Event server. Does anyone know what this status message is about?

Greatly appreciated.

Smart Event Status.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

SmartEvent is licensed by the total number of gateways providing logs for correlation, how many gateways is your SmartEvent Server licensed for and are you over the licensed limit?  Assuming the SmartEvent Server is a Smart-1, the last two digits of the model number indicate the number of licensed gateways (i.e. 5 for SmartEvent Smart-1 model 205, 50 for model 3050, etc). 

If your SmartEvent Server is open hardware/VMWare, run "cplic print" from expert mode on the SmartEvent server and you should see how many gateways you are licensed for in the license SKU.  On the lower license levels perhaps there is some kind of daily licensing limit as to the number of logs that can be correlated but I doubt it.

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Quinn_Yost
Contributor

Is this the r80 version of Correlation Unit is running out of disk space ?

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

SmartEvent is licensed by the total number of gateways providing logs for correlation, how many gateways is your SmartEvent Server licensed for and are you over the licensed limit?  Assuming the SmartEvent Server is a Smart-1, the last two digits of the model number indicate the number of licensed gateways (i.e. 5 for SmartEvent Smart-1 model 205, 50 for model 3050, etc). 

If your SmartEvent Server is open hardware/VMWare, run "cplic print" from expert mode on the SmartEvent server and you should see how many gateways you are licensed for in the license SKU.  On the lower license levels perhaps there is some kind of daily licensing limit as to the number of logs that can be correlated but I doubt it.

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events