cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Smart-1 Cloud and Azure AD

I wonder if connecting an Azure AD using either Data Center object or Identity Provider object is supported with Smart-1 Cloud.

It's not mentioned in the administration guide (only classical AD with connection proxy is) and it won't work as it's apparently advertising the MAAS IP and no the physical external interface as endpoint which of course fails.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I have not heard of this as a specific limitation.
Data Center objects should work as expected.
You might need to change the IP used for the Captive Portal for the SAML authentication (done in the gateway object), but it should otherwise work.

0 Kudos
Amiad_Stern

Hi @Alex- ,

My name is Amiad Stern and I'm the R&D team leader of Smart-1 Cloud. In general, we have other components/features in Smart-1 Cloud that connect to Azure Cloud and work as expected. Currently, I'm working with the relevant feature owner to verify that there are no limitations in regard to Azure AD.

To make sure I'm addressing the exact scenario you're referring to, I would be happy to get more information about what won't work.

Regards,

Amiad.

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Amiad,

I've been following the admin guide to create an Identity Provider for Mobile access and also create an Azure AD but I get either a message telling the DC can't be reached, or something along the lines of connection error, please contact support.

I don't have direct access to the Azure environment and need to work with a partner, but from their side eveything seems OK.

Kind regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Amiad_Stern

Hi @Alex- ,

I just saw a demo for using Azure as an Identity Provider on Smart-1 Cloud. I believe this issue is related to the fact that the default configuration in SmartConsole is to use the Gateway object's main IP, which is indeed the Tunnel IP in Smart-1 Cloud.

There should be an option to change this setting and set the external interface of the Security Gateway and by that to have the correct configuration to set in the Azure environment. 

If I'm not clear or you already tried that with no success, I think we better meet for a remote session in which I will invite the feature owners from my side and you will invite the partner that has the access to the Azure environment. 

Please let me know what fits you best.

Regards,

Amiad.

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Amiad,

Many thanks for the offer. I will contact you privately.

Kind regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
tecnico
Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem. What did you?

I need some help please

Thanks.

0 Kudos
tecnico
Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I need some help, please.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
christian_hc
Explorer

Hi,

I have also the same task/requirement on my desk. What did OP do to accomplish this?

Thanks!

br,

Chris

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events