Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthias_Kring
Contributor

Show Package Tool stops with "severe error"

I already used the showpackage tool (see sk 120342)several times, and it worked fine. (Management R81 T44, Tool version 2.06)

However, now it stops with 

"[1/10/22 12:34 PM com.checkpoint.mgmt_api.examples.ShowPackageTool.logoutReportAndExit()INFO]: Script stopped running due to severe error!"

Is there any chance to find out the reason WHY it stops?

(or, what can I do to get it runnung again?)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

What do api.log and api.csv files say for the matter?

Matthias_Kring
Contributor

There is no api.log. api.csv contains lines like these:

2022-01-11,06:10:10 +0100,java-api-wrapper,127.0.0.1,127.0.0.1,show-access-rulebase,PASSED,31
2022-01-11,06:11:23 +0100,java-api-wrapper,127.0.0.1,127.0.0.1,show-objects,PASSED,44

All lines have "PASSED".

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just curious, what is exact flag you are using? I have same version/JHF in lab, so could check for you.

Andy

0 Kudos
Matthias_Kring
Contributor

I didn't use any flags. Just starting  /opt/CPsuite-R81/fw1/scripts/web_api_show_package.sh, which contains
java -jar $MDS_FWDIR/api/samples/lib/web_api_show_package-jar-with-dependencies.jar "$@"

I tried to use -s, but this didn't give any additional information

I'm logged in as admin in expert mode.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I ran it in R81 lab and used -k flag, worked just fine, no errors. Can you try with -k?

0 Kudos
Matthias_Kring
Contributor

Besides RemoteAccessPolicy, we have two other policies on that mgmt server. A small one for some small CP appliances, and a big policy for the main firewall. -k works fine for the small policy, but the "Script stopped running due to severe error!" message is given with the big policy. Maybe it is too big to handle. It includes several inline layers.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

There is definitely logic in what you said, though, I do remember doing this once for customer with more than 500 rules and different layers and worked fine, in R80.40, with -k flag. 

Lets see if someone maybe from R&D can confirm. Found below, but does not apply to R81:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Matthias_Kring
Contributor

just an additional info: our policy has grown very large during the last weeks, because we are doing a complete network redesign

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Definitely could be an issue...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events