cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gingerwerewolf
Contributor

Secondary SMS Installation and Upgrade Path must match Primary

Hi There

Bit of a strange one as I was taught something a long time ago, that as far as I know, has not changed in R81.20:

"Secondary (SMS) servers require the same version and hotfixes as the Primary, with the same installation and upgrade path." - its in the Checkpoint R81.20 CCSE slides

So I always took that to mean that if I had an SMS server (which by default is the Primary SMS) was a flat / fresh install of R80.40, then upgraded to R81.10, then to R81.20, then any secondary SMS would need to be a flat install of R80.40 then upgraded to R81.10, then to R81.20 in exactly the same way. IE Same Upgrade path

I cant find ANY reference online to this though, as it seemed pretty important.

Is this still true in R81.20 and have I got it right? Or did I misunderstand the slides?

If I could get feedback and or links to prove or disprove this, that would be amazing!

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

There were some recent posts about this. Check this out...essentially, as Bob Zimmerman said, your best bet is to technically fresh install secondary to SAME version/hotfix and then sync to primary.

Andy

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/About-upgrade-a-smart-1-of-Management-High-Availa...

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

You can start rebuilding a box with the latest major version. It's more that you have to install jumbos and hotfixes in the same order on top of the major version.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

To answer your question, yes, it must match primary.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events