Just noticed in R81 auto-refresh logs doesn't show them in time order

Is this a new feature?

Can we disable it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats odd...never seen that issue in R81 myself.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Actually, this is consistent with past versions as well.
What I believe is happening is older log entries (ones that started at X date/time) are getting updated with new information as they are part of an existing session.
The date/time you are seeing in the list view is the last updated date, not the date when the log was initially created.
Which can cause them to appear out of order.

You should be able to confirm this by opening the relevant log entry.

0 Kudos
Scott_Paisley
Advisor

What we are seeing is not something I ever saw in earlier version.

If we look at the logs for a particular traffic flow, we see the most recent at the top. If we do a manual refresh we see any more recent logs at the top.

If we now hit auto-refresh to get a continuous stream of the most recent entries (a common task) instead of refreshing with the most recent entries the entire screen redraws with different logs and the previous most recent entries are not there.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Sounds like it's completely reloading the page versus just adding in new log entries into the existing window.
Do you see the same behavior with SmartView (https://mgmt-ip/smartview) ?

0 Kudos
Scott_Paisley
Advisor

Smartview does not appear to offer autorefresh as an option

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im thinking this might be by design...I just actually noticed the same in both demo and actual production R81 mgmt server..it gives option F6 for auto refresh (little bent arrow icon with letter A on bottom right corner), but says that logs may appear unsorted by time.

@PhoneBoy ...is this definitely by design? I see even in R80.xx its the same...I never really noticed it before.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That message would indicate it is, in fact, by design.
Also, I'm pretty sure it's how the underlying API works (show logs API returns 100 results at a time max, I believe).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events