Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvarca
Explorer
Jump to solution

R81.10 TGZ Files for CDT Upgrade

Hi all,

We utilize CDT to upgrade our gateways and I noticed with R81.10, Check Point no longer publishes the TGZ files, except for the Blink images, which we don't use. CDT states it requires the TGZ file. Wondering how other people are getting around this or if the masses are just using Smartconsole to push their updates (which we have never been very successful with, hence the use of CDT from the management server)? Currently we have to open a case with Check Point to get the correct TGZ file for any new hotfix, which isn't convenient, as it used to just be in the archives and still is for R80.40 hotfixes.

(1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

The limitation was removed from the SK111158.

CDT supports tar files

Sorry for the confusions

View solution in original post

6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, never used CDT before, I usually do this via dashboard itself or web UI. Btw, blink images are actually recommended for upgrade, as its way faster.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Yes this is documented in sk111158 as a current limitation of CDT.

Also tagging @Boaz_Orshav 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
dvarca
Explorer

Any reason why Check Point no longer provides the TGZ publicly for R81 or R81.10? Seems they are still uploaded for R80.40

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Chris_Atkinson 

In the known limitation section, it shows it only supports .tgz files, unless something changed with R81.10?

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

This limitation is what I mentioned / alluded to above it is known.

It's always been the case though the upgrade  bundles may have been available in different formats before depending on their origins, this was particularly the case for JHF packages.  

I've already tagged Boaz here on the CDT side and will discuss further with release management on weather there were specific changes starting with R81.10 or not regarding the availability of TGZ bundles for download.

@eranzo  

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

The limitation was removed from the SK111158.

CDT supports tar files

Sorry for the confusions

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events