Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Ponder
Contributor

R81.10 Management - Certificate Authority Status: Established vs Not Established

Hi All...

In the Smart-1 Mgmt GUI there is a section called Certificate Authority(under the system management section). There it shows a couple of things.

• Certificate Authority Status
  • Sec. Mgmt DN:
  • Fingerprint

I have two different Smart-1s and the older production one, shows "Established" for the certificate authority status, and the other Smart-1, shows "Not Established"

Does anyone know what is being established? Is there something wrong with the Smart-1 that is showing "Not Established"? If so, suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If they are working, SIC and the ICA are things you don't want to mess with.
Is that the only evidence of issues or are you experiencing other issues such as inability to establish SIC with new gateways?

0 Kudos
Sam_Ponder
Contributor

I'm not having trouble with SIC or ICA. I am having issues getting a new VPN community setup and was comparing settings and other settings that might be different between the two mgmt appliances. That is when I noticed that the newer one had the status of "Not Established", I realize the vpn issue could be other things, but this was one item that stuck out and I wanted to get clarification on if the status should be "Established" and if so, how to get it to be established.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What are the precise issues you're experiencing?
What precise errors are you seeing in the logs?

The only place the ICA might factor into this process would be authentication with ICA certificates.
That said, I would work with the TAC on this.

0 Kudos
Sam_Ponder
Contributor

Thanks for replying PhoneBoy. I've already taken care of the VPN issue, which ended up being separate from this.

I just want to be sure that the Smart1 6000L that is showing "Not established" is fine or not, before I move it to production as well as move a bunch of SG's to it. 

What does it even mean? What is being established? Just trying to understand what its purpose is.

I have already started an SR on this and the TAC engineer I am working with doesn't know what it is for.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events