cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Ruszkowski
Collaborator
Jump to solution

R80 - SAM rules?

In R80 where did the SAM rules move to?  In the R80 guide it states"In the SmartView Monitor toolbar, click the Suspicious Activity Rules button.", however I do not see this option.  Did I miss something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

You can still create and view from 2 locations in the SmartConsole:

1| Logs & Monitor > New tab - in the lower (left) section go to the External Apps section > Tunnel & User Monitoring

2| Gateways & Servers > Select a Security Gateway > Link for Device & License Information ​> Traffic

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Doesn't appear to be possible in the R80 SmartConsole from what I can see, however you can still work with SAM rules by running the original SmartView Monitor GUI here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R80\PROGRAM\SmartViewMonitor.exe

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

You can still create and view from 2 locations in the SmartConsole:

1| Logs & Monitor > New tab - in the lower (left) section go to the External Apps section > Tunnel & User Monitoring

2| Gateways & Servers > Select a Security Gateway > Link for Device & License Information ​> Traffic

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Wasn't aware of the easy way to invoke the SmartView Monitor in the R80 SmartConsole via the "Tunnel & User Monitoring" link, great tip!

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It looks like the first option starts up SmartView Monitor.

The section option only seems to work if you have the Monitoring Blade enabled.

0 Kudos
M_Ruszkowski
Collaborator

That worked.  I was able to get to the SAM rules by using the SmartView Monitor, and launching it via the External Apps.   I think under the External Apps there should be an option "Legacy SmartView Monitor".    If all these features are not in the new console and we must still use parts of the old, then there needs to be a clear link/s to the old consoles through the new R80 console.   And the documentation needs to be updated.

Thank your for the help.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events