cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2lnetworks
Explorer

R80.10 database migration to another server

Hello,

I  have an R80.10 management server that I will be decommissioning. I have an R80.30 management server that is active and will be my management server.

Currenlty, I have an HA pair being managed by the R80.10 and looking to migrate the Objects/polices for that one HA pair to the R80.30 server. What is the recommended procedure?

The R80.10 had 3 other HA pairs which has been retired, so I have the 1 left to move over to R80.30.

Any detailed instructions available?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

To merge the policy and objects into the existing management server, you’ll probably need to use: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion/Python-tool-for-exporting-importing-a-policy-...

the_rock
Legend
Legend

See, in my personal opinion, as soon as you start using scripts and something does not work and you mention that to tac, their ONLY response is, right away "We don't support scripts". Anyway, here is what I would do...why not just do migrate export from .10 machine into .30 and then you can delete or modify what you wish. All the objects and rules will be moved over anyhow.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I think he's trying to merge the objects into an existing management server.
In which case, migrate export/import is not the option, you have to use something like that script to do it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Correct, sorry, missed that part.

0 Kudos
2lnetworks
Explorer

Thanks guys! Sounds like the script is the way to go, I will look into the script. I did come across the link, but wasn't documented that well.

Also, my 80.30 is a working management server with about 10 additional HA pairs on it.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events