Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnDavis1
Explorer
Jump to solution

R80.10 Management Server Migration to R80.40 then to R81.20

Hi Guys,

I just inherited an old Smart-1 525 which is being replaced with an 600-M. The 525 is running R80.10 and I want to bring everything current in one go. Will I need to upgrade the 525 to R80.40 then upgrade again to R81.20? Not really sure of my upgrade path as I hadn't touched Checkpoint in a few years.

Thanks,

Shawn

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, this requires a 2-step upgrade (first to R80.40, then to R81.20).

For going to R81.20, I recommend doing an Advanced Migration (meaning perform a fresh install of R81.20 and import the config from R80.40).
This should improve performance as we changed the disk partitioning and filesystem in recent versions.
However, these items can only be changed with a fresh install (R80.40 changed the filesystem to XFS, R81.20 changed the disk partitioning).

View solution in original post

the_rock
Legend
Legend

That sounds about right, but I do agree with @PhoneBoy 

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, this requires a 2-step upgrade (first to R80.40, then to R81.20).

For going to R81.20, I recommend doing an Advanced Migration (meaning perform a fresh install of R81.20 and import the config from R80.40).
This should improve performance as we changed the disk partitioning and filesystem in recent versions.
However, these items can only be changed with a fresh install (R80.40 changed the filesystem to XFS, R81.20 changed the disk partitioning).

the_rock
Legend
Legend

That sounds about right, but I do agree with @PhoneBoy 

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events