Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cypress
Participant

Questions on Log Exporter

Log Exporter was set up by my predecessor so I'm just trying to get caught up to speed.  In my environment it looks like it was set up via the CLI, because if I log into the Security Management Server expert mode and I use these commands, I will see that we have a log exporter set up and active.

cp_log_export status

cp_log_export show name {name}

However, in the SmartConsole GUI, if I double click our Security Management Server, and go to Logs > Export, it is blank and shows nothing configured.

My first question is: is that normal?  (The mismatch between CLI and GUI)  I am assuming this is normal because my predecessor used the "configure via CLI" option instead of GUI?

My second question is that I'm being asked to set up a new log exporter, because we are evaluating new SIEM products.  Is it fine to leave the original one in place and simply add a new one via 'cp_log_export add name' command, and filling out the required fields? Is it supported to have two (or more) simultaneous exporters like this? Any concerns with resource consumption?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, this is expected behavior since, in past versions, it was only possible to configure via CLI.
You can have multiple exporter configurations defined. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events