Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcovb
Participant
Participant
Jump to solution

Organizing SmartLog query favorites

Hi all,

SmartConsole (R81.10 in my case) provides a way to save log search queries under "Logs & Monitor -> logs -> Queries -> My Favorites" - You can even create folders for these, and while saving a new query you can save it in that particular folder. But what is lacking in my opinion, is a way to organize existing queries by moving them between folders, or sorting them alphabetically.

There is a menu item "organize favorites" but you can't really do anything here, basically it's just a view of the queries that have been created before. Is there any way to organize existing favorites another way?

Maybe this is implemented in R81.20, is someone in the EA program willing to check if anything has changed? Otherwise an RFE might be the way to go, but I honestly doubt there is a solid business case for this 😉.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Might try editing this file on the management/log server (replace "admin" with relevant user in path): $SMARTLOGDIR/data/users_settings/admin/Bookmarks_Custom.xml 

View solution in original post

(1)
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Might try editing this file on the management/log server (replace "admin" with relevant user in path): $SMARTLOGDIR/data/users_settings/admin/Bookmarks_Custom.xml 

(1)
Marcovb
Participant
Participant

Thanks! This is an acceptable approach for now, maybe in the future we'll be able to do this in the GUI.

0 Kudos
Henrik_Noerr1
Advisor

Do we have the same posibilities configuring rulebase 'hit count' and 'comments' to be always enabled (centrally)? We are enabling this manually each time we open a rulebase.

I am not interested in maintaining a smc config file on each users pc.

/Henrik 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

To my knowledge these are not controllable centrally.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events