cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

Objects Utilization Report

Hello everyone,

We're in a process to clean-up the old objects that we have on our CheckPoint environment. For that, we were using until last year, usage reports on rules/groups/objects from AlgoSec, but today that option is not available anymore.

As example:

Untitled.png

So, can you recommend a way to generate some Usage Reports on Groups/Objects, so we would easily identify the "obsolete" ones.

Thank you,

2 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

I don't think you can can easily determine which objects are hit the most without doing some heavy log crunching with something like Algosec.  However there is a hidden option in the Object Explorer that can show you completely unused objects:

unused.png

New 2021 IPS/AV/ABOT Immersion Self-Guided Video Series
now available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

Hey @Timothy_Hall ,

Thank you for pointing that out,

I was aware of that option, but it shows the defined objects that are not used in any rule.

And most definitely we can use that for clean-ups of orphaned objects, but like you concluded we're looking for the other option "doing some heavy log crunching with something like Algosec".

In the end I'll play dumb and get an AlgoSec Demo for a month or so, and still have some better view/reporting, if no other tool can do this.

Ty,

0 Kudos