Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Griekspoo
Employee
Employee
Jump to solution

Nested Inline layers with different Sharing permission

When I create a layer inline with "Shared" enabled, as expected this layer can be shared in another Policy Package.

If I create another nested layer, i.e. inline within inline, and I have "Shared" disabled, I noticed that the nested inline layer is automatically shared with the other policy package, despite the fact that it was disabled.

Is this conform expectations?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

This is the desired behavior. You will not be able to pick this inline-of-inline layer anywhere.

Everything that is done to a layer that is reused in multiple policies will have a sort of a "wide impact". So similar to the fact that you can see a layer in one policy, change its rules, and then they will also be changed in another policy because the same layer was reused in it, adding an inline-of-inline layer will add to both policies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

This is the desired behavior. You will not be able to pick this inline-of-inline layer anywhere.

Everything that is done to a layer that is reused in multiple policies will have a sort of a "wide impact". So similar to the fact that you can see a layer in one policy, change its rules, and then they will also be changed in another policy because the same layer was reused in it, adding an inline-of-inline layer will add to both policies.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events